Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Glass Show Day 2

Day 2 from the floor....

-- Much better day overall... floor was busier and while some of the end spots of the show (the middle very busy, both ends a little lighter) were weaker, all in all most exhibitors I talked to were very pleased with the effort. So all in all a good day for the show. (At this point GlassBuild's Denise Sheehan probably needs CPR, I just complimented the show- since I am not sure I have ever said anything close to a compliment....)

-- One of the folks I stopped at was Walker Textures. Their booth looked very good and I am loving their new product line. Good stuff. Plus I think the attendees agreed, their booth was jumping.

-- Also it was very respectful on this very sad holiday of 9/11 that the organizers did recognize such with a memorialized poster right at the entrance. Its a tough day because of the memories, but we always must pay respect to the people who passed that day and never forget them.

-- The SAY NO TO CHINA buttons are virtually gone! I am simply STUNNED. I guess there's more than just me that feels that way eh? And its funny, I saw a bunch on the floor today, but a few other folks that I asked did not. (maybe they don't look for stuff like I do) All I know is that my suitcase will be a ton lighter going home.... so they are somewhere....

-- I think about 10% of the exhibitors here have Chinese ties. But a lot of their booths are not busy. Comically, at some of those booths, the people working it, COULD NOT SPEAK ENGLISH! Yes, that is special huh?

-- I loved the recaps of the debate between NFRC and Marg Webb from IGMA. But the big key is this.... if you have an issue... then go to an NFRC meeting and make your thoughts known. Pass along your expertise and try and get your questions answered. This industry knows we need a simple, reliable, whole system rating system, we just do not want an expensive monopolistic adventure that may be on tap with NFRC. Competition could be the cure for this.... and again to stress... We want the best energy efficient products possible.. all day, every day. Just don't ruin it by making be tested every which way from Tuesday when one legitimate one will do.

My regular post, with video of the week (should be the Britney Spears trainwreck) will come for Thursday.

No comments: