Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Some Fresh Comments and a GREAT Video

I feel like a broken record lately… NFRC, blah blah blah… Communist China.. blah, blah, blah and so on. So this week’s post, I’ll do my best to avoid those subjects and do some fresh things… but not without the update on EFCO…

It’s amazing how may people want to know what’s going on with EFCO and the possible sale. But to me the funniest thing was this week, I got e-mailed a link to this blog, telling me look for the EFCO story. I also got the actual newspaper story sent to me several times, including once today from someone believing it was a hot scoop! Well I guess not everyone reads this eh? Dang, traffic is good, but not that good. Anyway the only update I have is it looks full speed ahead… but as I joked with someone today, the bride is walking down the aisle, but there’s still time to run…. But she’s getting closer to the altar.

Elsewhere…

-- Green note… on of my favorite TV shows… “24” has promised to go “green” this year. Click HERE for the details… I was bummed, I thought it meant that Jack would use environmentally correct ways to strangle the communist Chinese…. But alas, its nice that someone in Hollywood is putting their money where their mouth is per say… I can’t stand when Madonna preaches to save the Earth and then she takes off in her private jet, that helps kill it… (Supposedly I must add, as there are some readers who do NOT believe in any of the global warming issues)

-- I learned today from one of my favorite people in the industry that 8 billion birds die per year from slamming into windows. I also learned that being “bird friendly” is now a part of the building process. Plus I got the link to www.flap.org which breaks down this whole phenomenon. This whole thing blew me away. I guess there’s always something new to learn eh… But you know what… I am shocked the NFRC hasn’t figured out a way to add “bird friendliness” to their rating systems….

Yep I know I mentioned communist China and NFRC in the post… but that’s it.. I swear.

-- Saw Jim Charles announced his retirement… best of luck Jim! I only knew Jim from working briefly with him at various GANA functions, but he was always very nice to me- which I appreciated. Anyway, after a lifetime in the mirror business, Jim surely deserves an enjoyable retirement!

-- Last, I am going to save my comments on the table top issue til next post, but if you do not know what I am talking about, go to the Message Boards HERE. Kris Vockler started a thread and it really has garnered serious interest and debate.

The video this week is from the X Games… a skateboarder falling from 50 FEET and walking away!! Plus the announcers are actually un-intentionally funny… These guys from the X Games are nuts… which means they’d be perfect to work in our industry!

No comments: