Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Quick Update

My full weekly post will come later on Wednesday, but I had to address the e-mails and hits I am getting regarding the possible EFCO deal.

A comment was left on a previous post that the new owners were coming to town. I am hearing a due diligence of some sort is going on, but after that the details become pretty murky. The people that were convinced that this deal would happen August 2nd, are now waffling some. In addition, just like the Oldcastle deal, another name has been dropped in.

To refresh, late in the Oldcastle/Vistawall deal, rumblings were out that it was Kawneer buying Vistawall, not Oldcastle. Well the same exact thing is happening here. And its Kawneer's name again as well. I don't put a lot of play into it, as with the amount of hits I get on this site from Iowa surely make me think Pella is the play, but I had to put it out there.

So down the stretch we come, it will become more interesting as the month ends, as normally deals come to fruition at month ends/starts. In the meantime, I think there's a ton of people in Iowa and Missouri with their ears to the ground. (Not to mention the EFCO manufacturer reps all over the country that are very interested in the outcome of this adventure.)

More as it progresses....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Efco shut down at 11:00 p.m.Friday August 17th to start inventory .
Employees still do not know new owners