Thursday, March 09, 2006

NFRC San Diego

As you know I was not at NFRC in San Diego- while many people question how I have time to do this blog, seemingly no one questions how people have time to meet for NFRC 30 times a year. (3 4 day meetings that with travel days turn into 5+ along with various task group and then if you are so honored to chosen (not elected-another story) for the board, you get a couple of retreats in there too... pretty nice gig for these folks and their "non" profits eh?)Anyway, I expected it to be quiet and really don't have a lot of feedback yet.

I really think that at the end of the day this whole thing comes down to the true definition of "Serving the Public" - Everytime I see that line in a Potomac release I think about President Clinton slamming his fist on the podium and saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinsky" See because if Potomac and NFRC were TRULY serving the public, they'd listen to it..... instead they have no desire, they have the game long figured out and they will continue to live and work the way they do. So while it is noble and appreciated that they try and rid fraud from certain aspects of the building industry- you just can not get by all of the other manuevers and actions they promote.

More on San Diego soon....

No comments: