Tuesday, November 29, 2005

NFRC Meeting in Santa Fe/China

As I write this, the Fall meeting of the NFRC is going on in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The tough thing about trying to introduce other opinions on this group is that its last three major meetings have been in absolutely impossible and expensive locales. Hawaii, Quebec and now Santa Fe- one heck of a travel club eh?

Well amazingly despite their plans to have meetings in Asheville, NC and Alaska- the NFRC did change their meeting locations for next year- San Diego, Minnesota and Washington DC! So the hope is that with meetings in easier to access to cities we can get more people involved and engaged in the process.

Also on a side note, my column in the current US Glass is on China and their effect on our industry. I have gotten some super feedback so far, and for that I am thankful. You know on these issues that I lay out all my passion there's days I feel like I am screaming in the wind- so its nice when others feel similar.

No comments: