Thursday, June 14, 2007

China & NFRC Update

Not sure if you saw this... from the USA Today on Wednesday.

Click- Money Cover Story- China-US Tensions

So it looks like congress may finally be stepping up and taking some action to curb the flow of communist Chinese material.

Also from Wednesday's USGNN the report from IGMA on the NFRC CMA issue.

Hallelujah!

Like I noted in my last post I was confident that AEC, GANA and IGMA were working to do the right thing by the industry and it sure appears that they are. Its a very long road and even an industry consensus will not stop the profiteering portion of people that basically make the rules and agenda within NFRC, but it is truly a good step.

By the way, it has been mentioned to me, alot more than once, that I should just chill out and let this all play out because if the NFRC is as out of tune as I say they are, then the proof will be in pudding. And that's an interesting angle. But I think I can still achieve both. Informing and educating the masses on what's going on and still watching them do what they do with a basic disregard for the fact that there's no glaring need or call for the intensity of the proposed action. (Remember I am all for a design tool to rate products, just not for all of the extra pork and policing that will go with it)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The article speaks cleary on a lot of our problems with the imported Chinese fabricated glass product. We've complained annually about the unbalance in duties between our two countries but never get very far. +/-5% for them to import and +/-35% for us to export. It was time to pressure the weakness of the WTO agreement years ago. We hope this gets traction, it has our proxy for what its worth....

Continue to be the voice, it's a joy to read your weekly take on our industry.

Max Perilstein said...

Thanks for the comment- I truly appreciate it. Hopefully with more and more focus daily, something can finally happen in the positive.