Friday, June 08, 2007

Passing the time while stranded

Since I am stuck in an airport waiting on a flight that has been delayed due to the stormy midwest, I figure why not do a quick update on the blog…

I won’t go into a ton here as most people choose to read this blog mid week, though there are many of you who check on other days as well.

I got a solid load of e-mail this week after my various NFRC posts. I’ll go into more of them next week, but one I really enjoyed and needed to share.

Max,

Thanks for the update on NFRC. You mention California and Washington with the upcoming program. Are those states paying anything towards these costs?


Great question. As far as I know they are not paying anything but considering this whole latest debacle was rushed into action because of California, you would think that California and the energy concerns should be willing to fund it. But then again they think our industry is dumber than a box of rocks, so we’ll just blindly pay for it.

Ironically and amazingly, the day our industry met with some major figures at the Department of Energy, the California Energy Commission “asked” the NFRC for a program to be done by 2008. Seriously it was THE SAME DAY. I know I am a conspiracy theorist, but c’mon… that timing is as fishy as it comes.

So now that “request/demand” gave the NFRC another excuse and an impetus to get this program fast tracked. So yes the CEC, which seemingly has a guaranteed seat on the NFRC board, should step up and pay or at worst convince the energy companies in California to pay.

More to come, and for those of you who immediately skip to the next page when I talk NFRC, I promise that this will not be the main focus of this blog, there’s a lot of other things that happen that I’ll be following.

No comments: