Sunday, September 15, 2019

It's Time!

The week is finally here… it is GlassBuild America time.  I am already on site in Atlanta and I absolutely love seeing a blank floor transform into an amazing tradeshow in such a short period of time.  I really admire the people that come in from all over the world and work incredibly hard to show off their products and services for three days.  Most people will only see them for those “show days” but I get to see them out here setting up, sweating and hustling and making sure their exhibit is just perfect, and that really impresses me.  The care and dedication to the cause here is really special.

In addition I was quickly in awe upon my arrival… in my first 5 minutes on the floor I saw jaw dropping pieces of large glass at Carvart and at HHH.  That led the way followed by impressive footprints and layouts all over the floor.  Pretty much every booth from the 10 x 10 all the way up to the monsters are really showing creativity… awesome!

Overall I am so excited for everyone to finally get here.  I have been living and breathing GlassBuild for 6 months now.  I’ve driven my family and non-glass friends crazy because every movement of the earth for me was connected to GlassBuild somehow.  I love this event because it is my chance to grow and learn but it is also it is the main industry show and it’s the place where everyone in our world can advance themselves and their businesses in such a short period of time… I just love it.

Other notes:

--  If you are not coming to GlassBuild (additional note on that below) you can follow all the action through the GlassBuild social media channels.  On these channels they’ll be plenty of info including some live streams of different events.
First the searchable hashtag is #GlassBuild and here’s where to find us:

Twitter:  @GlassBuild and @GlassNation as well as @GlassMag @WindowDoorMag
LinkedIn:  National Glass Association
Facebook: GlassBuild

In addition, you’ll be getting a “GlassBuild Daily” e-mail each morning with recaps and previews.

--  On Wednesday this week I am getting to tour the spectacular Mercedes Benz Stadium.  I am so pumped to see that beauty inside and out and also get insight from the incredible folks who supplied glass and glazing to it- Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, CR Laurence, and Clover Architectural Products.  Tom O’Malley of Clover is a great friend of mine and I am so pumped that he can show off Clover’s fabulous work inside this stadium.

--  I also am looking forward to the education and demos.  One of the fun ones will be the Live Edify Studios Podcast featuring Steven Rainville of epic architectural firm Olson Kundig and the world wide respected building scientist Stephen Selkowitz.  The Edify guys Brad Walker and Brad Glauser are brilliant interviewers and I expect this session to provide tons of news and insight. Want to know what is truly “next” in our industry?  I believe you’ll find out during this session.

--  Make sure you download the App and if you are here take part in the “Step Challenge” to win great prizes… But even without that the App is a must.

--  Plus the Knowledge Bar is back this year- each day experts will be stationed in the association booth (wait til you see this area!) to get your code, technical, and marketing questions answered.  Check the schedule for exact times.

--  Last I mentioned if you are “not” here and for me the biggest one who will be missing this event is my brother.  He had an awesome once in a lifetime sort of trip scheduled that obviously took precedence over this so I understand.  But it simply will not be the same without him here.  Brother Steve you will be missed big time!  

--  OK let’s get it on!  If you are in Atlanta and see me, please stop me to say hi.  I’ll see you next week with all of the best recaps of this event including the always fun “who’s who” at the show.

LINKS of the WEEK

I’d take more kids right now… but not when I’m 74.. and not twins… but good for this woman!

This story could be like an episode of “Breaking Bad” my gosh… what a mix

Interesting technology but absolutely will be a disaster that won’t work.  

VIDEO of the WEEK

Sorry… skipping this again… will be back next week hopefully!!

No comments: