Wednesday, February 17, 2010

But really is it working?

Thanks for finding me again… on the mind this week…

There was an article yesterday about the Stimulus and the fact that one economist felt it was working. All I can say is I hope he is right because it surely doesn’t feel like it to me at this point. In a way if you throw 787 billion at something you have to have a trickle down right? But maybe the question isn’t the Stimulus “working” but has it been properly effective and efficient. And there’s the deal… this stimulus with a few of its plusses have been woefully outclassed by its poor execution. End of the day I hope we can look back and say it really did “save” us but I’m not seeing that right now…

Elsewhere…

-- Reminder #1 … BEC is coming up and if you have not signed up, please do so. Believe me I know this economy sucks (but yes the stimulus is working!) and a trip to Vegas is frowned upon, but this show/conference is truly worth it. If you’ve written it off, give it a 2nd thought…

-- Reminder #2 … the NGA is doing a webinar on March 2nd on Solar Glazing. This is one that if you want to be ahead of the game and be diversified, that you need to check out. I hear all the time how people want to know more about this stuff, so here’s a great chance. Go HERE for more info. And a special thanks to the gang at Guardian for sponsoring the event.

-- I am loving the Olympics so far… I have to ask though… the Mogul skiing… how does that not destroy your knees? Also if you love or just like Hockey- these teams are awesome. A USA victory would be another miracle when you see how stacked the Canadians, Russians, and Swedes are. (Not to mention my pick- Finland) Plus Lindsay Vonn is pretty dang amazing… (though I know link chick is tired of her- not me)

-- According to Reed Construction the hottest economy in Canada is in Saskatoon. Considering that this winter in the east has been Saskatoon-like maybe that’s where I’ll move. I wonder if they have high speed internet there…

-- Speaking of weather, pitchers and catchers report to Spring training…. That for sure means spring is coming! I am guessing a certain Mr. Bieber is pretty happy given his love for America’s pastime.

-- Funny… on the NFRC Blog there was a note that the Window Film people LOVE the NFRC… well that’s great… can you leave us alone and you guys can love each other all you want? Please?

-- Speaking of the NFRC blog, I always chuckle when I go there because I know that many of the folks in the NFRC elite hated (or still hate) my blog and used to make snide comments about it. Especially on how quick the info from meetings can go from the meeting to the blog… and now by blog is the way NFRC does a majority of its communication. I wonder if they are still wasting 6 figures yearly on Potomac when they can get the word out so quick and easy. Anyway in the end it’s funny that they do what I had been doing and they were so dismissive of it.

To the links we go…. Olympic style…

Link Chick has been all over these games… NBC should hire her as a researcher… or actually she should be doing live blogs of the events- that would be great reading.

-- The games may come off smooth on TV but evidently there’s been A LOT of problems….

-- Last week we had some winter Olympians from odd countries… this week we have a skier… from Iran… never knew they skied there…

-- Depending on when you read this… Tonight (Weds) Shaun White is going for gold… also known as the “Flying Tomato” he is surely a guy not to miss… if you missed it… sorry.. (and I probably jinxed him!)

Video of the week

John Wall is one of the best college basketball players in the country (Kentucky) and he is responsible for this hot new dance… evidently it’s taken the world by storm and if I am ever allowed back in the state of Kentucky, I am doing that dance… check it out… very cool… the video explains it all!

No comments: