Thursday, April 06, 2006

Why I do it

Got an e-mail recently and asked why I spend my free time.. or any time, writing about the NFRC issue.

Simple. How they go about their business is wrong. The bias towards profiteering members, lack of inclusions, the amazing lack of transparency and the overall arrogance drives me.

All you have to do is attend a meeting or read the past minutes and you become the same as I.

You know like this nugget from the Quebec City meeting last July:

--------------
G. Carney encouraged the NFRC Board to get knowledgeable on materials as they study the commercial fenestration marketplace. A. Ward asked that he bring forth all perspectives of that market place, not just his organization's.
-----------------
G Carney for those of you who don't know is Greg Carney and he is one of the industries best technical people (and one of the most respected I must add) He asked for a simple request, one that SHOULD OF BEEN EMBRACED but was not only shot down in public, but then immortalized in the minutes. Of course Greg was there on behalf of an "organization" but I think.. no I know, it can be clearly stated that Greg was speaking for the ENTIRE GLAZING MARKETPLACE when he asked that request. But in classic, lack of inclusion, lack of transparency Potomac Puppet land of NFRC they have to shoot down what could've been a helpful resource- Then again, if they would take the time- then it would become TOO obvious that their plan is flawed, redundant and unnecessary and quite frankly on advice of supercounsell Scott Meza, they don't want to know that.

So I keep hammering- and will keep at it- until a program is developed that makes sense and TRULY BENEFITS the public- I won't stop.

No comments: