Friday, December 30, 2005

Munich

Went and saw "Munich" today. It was interesting- but very long at 2-1/2 hours...

Obviously I am just a lowly marketing foof but I was shocked that Steven Spielberg veered away from the book "Vengeance" (that it was based upon) as much as he did. "Vengeance was a great read and really did not have to be messed with. However Spielberg did take some creative license in more than a few scenes and in a few events.

He also tried in my opinion (and in the opinion of some reviews I read) to not take sides in the on going Middle East dispute- but by trying to straddle he really ends up getting both sides infuriated. People have mentioned this movie as an Oscar contender- but I think with its mixed messaging it could affect that.

Finally a portion of the ending was downright bizarre to me- but until you see it, I won't divulge that here.

This was the first time I went and saw a movie so soon after reading the book and all in all it was a good effort but I did hope for better.

Look at this way, for what a day at the movies cost now-a-days, you will get your money's worth with this one and you will have plenty of things to talk about afterwards.

No comments: