Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Holidays Housecleaning

Happy Holidays to one and all...

No real theme to this post, just some housecleaning...

Also I am making the "Video" portion standard, hey, everyone needs a break, so why not try and provide it here!

This is a classic combo of a great Christmas song (could not find a proper Hunnukah tune- sorry Mom) and some of the "uglier" sporting events from 2006. Enjoy!



First note that the Message Boards from US Glass are now easier to use... no long registration process. Feel free to check them out at

http://pub43.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=3673102673

(And yes I will need the Glass pundit, Kris Vockler to tech me how to "hot link" so all you have to do is click on it)

The posts are slow, but I believe it will grow and give people ample opportunity to vent. Its funny, I know from the stats how many people visit my blog, and I know from e-mails and phone calls as well. Its just shyness I guess because people aren't as comfortable leaving comments... which is fine by the way. But if you do have opinions or thoughts and you want them heard- don't hesitate!

As for the industry- as you may have seen AFG announced the closing of their Cinnaminson plant. I found it interesting and actually surprising but many others did not. On those aforemention message boards, Scott Surma of IIMak, had an interesting take on it. Plus he noted the environmental angle, which always now must be considered. In any case, I hate to see anyone lose their jobs and I surely hate when it seems like the industry is moving backwards.

Also lots of coverage on the recent glass show in India. Obviously India is one of the worlds most populated areas and a country that will continue to develop its infrastructure. I got a kick out of a quote attributed to Bipin Shah, whom I though was gone from NFRC, but the story had him representing NFRC. In any case, he was in India to help promote the "Ratings Efforts" Well my friends in India, welcome to the NFRC adventure. Plus any advances you make won't be because companies like Guardian and Pilkington are developing new products- no it will be because Jim Benney and NFRC made it happen... just like they did here in the states on the residential end. (If you don't know what I am talking about, scroll down)

Lastly a subject I promise to cover in depth more in 2007 is China. Especially now that there are at least 2 jobs that have come to the US already assembled... Glass and Aluminum.... meaning no need for a true glazier. Believe me, if you are a glazier and you do not take China seriously... you'll regret it.

(Edit 12/21- Did you see yesterday's USGNN? -
"China Glass said the acquisitions will help it explore more overseas marketplaces."
It was in the first story and is NOT good news)

Other than that Rocky opened today and at least the reviews I read were great- hopefully I'll see it in the theater as watching on DVD at home just does not have the same flavor.

And as always feel free to comment or e-mail me at MAXBCAT@aol.com

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Kris Vockler said...

Max! I'm going to steal that video....why are we mad at Zidane? It's just a headbutt.....someone said he mamma wore combat boots. Doh!

No Hotlinking Maxson, just reeeggggular linking.....hotlinking bad....regular good. Steal the photo by downloading first. ;) hehe Please done, might be bad for your health.

But I may steal your last video for Glass Punk.....er Pundit.

Later!

Kris Vockler said...

So ah how much traffic are you getting on the site? NOT that it's a contest or anything.... ;)

Kidding.

Anonymous said...

What the skin-shedding ... is that?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]hydrocodone[/url][/b]

Porab said...

Max,
Marketing does work!
Look what Atlantica, Solexia, Azuria did for you know who.
Porab