Monday, May 31, 2010

TV Reality?

NOTE: Going shorter than normal this week because of the holiday and quite frankly a dearth of news or commentable stuff…. Plus the Video of the Week is the best one I have had in a looooong time.

Saw this line on a TV show recently… an episode with a job hunting lawyer waiting in a busy room with other job hunters when another prospect said: “They’re not hiring, just taking resumes for 2011” and with that I think this TV show hit the nail on the head. So many folks see 2010 as a washout and that the real start of return to greatness will come in 2011. Heck even the ABI, if taken 9-12 months out put a good spin on 2011. So I guess that’s what we have to look forward to eh? Keep plugging along, doing all you can and try to get to the 2011 haven. Then again if you take cues from TV/Movies you would know the world is going to end in 2012… oh well… no matter how you slice it, we’re still in a daily battle but at least there’s hope… even if it’s in the form of a TV show…

Elsewhere…

-- Got tremendous reaction to my Q&A with James Bogdan. And like I told everyone I talked to, it was easy because he is an incredible guy. Also on that note, I did get some good food for thought on some areas of LEED we are missing on and I’ll have more on that hopefully next week here on the blog.

-- Hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend… and obviously a major thank you to all that have served this great country.

-- CONGRATS to John Griffith, AKA “Grif” for picking up a much deserved award from CSI. A class act and someone who always treated me much better than I deserved. I am big fan of both he and Alana (and quite frankly everyone at Empirehouse) and they truly deserve the props!

-- Last I loved the way 24 ended... I thought it was perfect and loved the Jack of the last few weeks... Now I can't wait for the movie. The last few weeks and the perfect ending made up for the awful start this year too.

TWEET of the WEEK:

/NatGlassAssoc – this is the feed from the NGA and it’s a great resource all of the good stuff they have going on. You can CLICK HERE to see it. Remember the more you know, the better off you can be…

LINKS of the WEEK:

-- My friend Pat Pickrell always wanted to move to New Zealand… I wonder if this was why… they have parents over there that are having their kids get into “brawls” settle their differences! Yep just like the good ole days…

-- I’m actually reading a great book about Tiger Woods right now (review soon) but this may be an interesting trend, “Tiger Radio” for liars and cheaters… now that’s a wild format switch.

-- And thanks to blog reader Brett… the 8 most unhealthy meals served in America… yep and I have not had any of them… yet….

VIDEO of the WEEK:

Well folks here it is… an absolute classic news reporter “fail” with glass involved… Sit back and enjoy!

No comments: