Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Great FTF Quiz Question

OK we like to have fun here at the FTF Blog and today I start with a quiz… get the right answer and win a great prize of knowledge…. Just one question… What is (a) Zeledyne?

Is it:

A: The hottest new cholesterol drug on the market today

B: The name of the new bad guy in the next James Bond Movie

C: A great Soccer player from France who just retired

D: A part deep within a tempering oven that can only be found in Jeff Wareham’s basement.

E: None of the Above

Ok… what do you think…. I mean I think A makes sense… it just sounds pharmaceutical… B could work, even if you don’t care for a blonde James Bond… C… didn’t he head-butt that Stafileno guy from Team Italy in the last World Cup? D… I am afraid what may be stocked in that basement… so we’ll go with…E…

Yes.. as you know since you probably read USGNN the last few days, Zeledyne is the new name for the newly formed company that has taken over the previous Ford Glass/Visteon/ACH group. While the name baffles me, I am thrilled for all of the great people at the new Zeledyne who have left the limbo world and jumped into what looks like a solid operation. The old company was known for its colors and excellent customer service and attitude and I would expect that to stay the same as it did through every name and owner they had. Here’s wishing them great success….

Elsewhere…

-- The great “CrystalGrey” debate is finally over and can you believe the effect it had on Apogee stock? The stock went up like $4 per share based solely on this blog!! Man Jim Cramer and the street love me! And don’t even try and bring that whole “earnings” argument to me… people in the mix know that a mention on here is MUCH more important than some earnings announcement….

-- Got a heads up this week that the city of Dallas is going “green”… that’s not a huge surprise… Texas is a huge “green” area overall (and don’t you find that odd that a very conservative state like Texas is so on the bandwagon of an environmental issue… I mean I’m just saying.. isn’t green associated with the flower children and so on? ) and this just goes with that flow. It again though raises the question of going green for “green sake” or are we truly putting in the right products to meet the energy needs of this country?

-- Northwest and Delta are merging which is miserable news for me being a Northwest flier… but the reason I write is that it is a major consolidation and its something that could never happen in our industry. It would be like Kawneer buying YKK… that humongous. That said, even with the down economy, I am still hearing about a lot of negotiations out there.. though many are running into hang ups thanks to skittish bankers and investors. Still that said, I expect a few deals to finally hit by summer time… will we have a blockbuster like the 2 we had last summer… my bet is yes… but it won’t be as big as the Northwest/Delta deal that’s for sure.

-- 21 the movie was solid… but sadly did not stay close enough to the book for my liking. I guess they had to make it “Hollywood friendly”…. Still the movie was worth seeing. I just don’t get creative license… when someone does a book about my life, I get this feeling they’ll do something really crazy like make me a supporter of NFRC just because it “would make a good plot”

Off to the LINKS for the week…

-- Will the scientists be right this time? They are calling for another BUSY hurricane season…. Click here for the story… keep your fingers crossed if you need the business…

-- Will the Democratic convention get ugly? Here’s quick interesting story about when it once did….

-- Scary story about the popular drug Heparin and the fact its made in China and being recalled… yep that will be my luck.. that’s how I would go… with tainted communist Chinese drugs….

Last… its not so much Video of the week but great audio… the best hockey play by play guy… EVER… is Mike Lange of the Pittsburgh Penguins… below is one of his calls from their playoff series vs Ottawa The guy is tremendous…. Anyway it reminds me I did not pick my hockey champs… so even though I am a bit late… here it is… I like Washington in the East because Ovechkin is insanely good…. And out West, I liked the Ducks but after watching them get rolled by the Stars… no way I can go there… I think the Sharks recover vs Calgary and win the West with the Sharks taking it all…. And now you can guarantee the Sharks and Caps will both lose in the first round….

No comments: